Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Tremont 647

Tremont 647 - 647 Tremont St, South End (Back Bay)

Ann was in town last week so we took an opportunity to use a Groupon and visit Tremont 647 in the South End. It was my first time at the restaurant and it's a place I've been meaning to try since I've been by it so many times going to restaurants in that area.

I was not overwhelmed by the decor. It's a small restaurant with more of a laid back, neighborhood feel. It was pretty empty when we got in at 6:30, but quickly filled up.

It has a pretty wide ranging menu so it's hard to describe the cuisine other than American. I think it goes for more of a Southwest feel, but I'm not sure. For the meal, I ordered the crab and shrimp risotto, which was a special, and Ann got the pork chop. I enjoyed my dish but Ann's was a little dry. Overall, I would say the food is pretty good but it wouldn't be my first choice to head back to with so many good restaurants at similar prices in that area. Apparently they do have a $2 taco Tuesdays thing, so that might be worth checking out some time...

No comments: